The Accounting Associate has primary responsibility for assisting with the execution of Financial Reporting, Technical Accounting and SOX engagement work plans. The Associate has direct, client-facing engagement responsibilities. Serving as a key representative and future leader of the firm, the Associate demonstrates the attributes of excellent client service and assists team members in developing technical and professional competency.
- Preparing financial statements and technical accounting positions papers as well as other required pre-audit support materials.
- Reviewing, documenting, evaluating and testing controls in a wide range of environments.
- Communicating control strengths and weaknesses to the clients and developing effective solutions.
- Ensure timely completion of assigned engagement phases.
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships.
- Apply understanding of Centri policies.
- Develop understanding of engagement requirements and client’s business.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance or Business Related Field) required.
- CPA Exam ready.
- Interpersonal skills to interact in team environment and foster client relationships.
- Above average written communication skills including documentation of findings and recommendations.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to maintain professional demeanor in times of high stress.
- General understanding of current accounting (GAAP) and auditing (GAAS) principals.
- General understanding of internal control concepts including the COSO framework.
- General knowledge of auditing processes and methodologies.
- General knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act provisions and methodologies for achieving compliance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Advancement Opportunities (we promote on talent, not tenure!)
- Leadership and Learning & Development Opportunities
- Mentor Programs & CPE Trainings
- Flex Work Life Balance
- Great Benefits and Vacation Package