Director, Technical Reviewer (QC)
The Technical Reviewer (QC) has primary responsibility for detailed review of Technical Accounting Position Papers, Financial Statements and SOX Compliance programs. Serving as a current and future leader of the firm, the Director demonstrates the attributes of excellent client service and assists team members in developing technical and professional competency. This role will also include chairing the firm's CPE Committee.
***Compensation: For the Director of QC, the compensation package is negotiable depending on experience.
- Preparing and reviewing financial statements and technical accounting positions papers as well as other required pre-audit support materials.
- The Director of Technical Accounting will be responsible for researching, developing, documenting and maintaining all technical accounting positions working collaboratively.
- Oversee and review the preparation and maintenance of accounting policy memos, reporting checklists and the analyses and tracking of accounting standards updates
- Team player with a background in complex technical accounting matters gained through public and corporate accounting experiences.
- Provide guidance on accounting interpretation and prepare or review memos on US GAAP matters.
- Ensure appropriate documentation of accounting treatment of complex and highly judgmental areas, including analysis, relevant literature and conclusions.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert to educate accounting personnel and clients to develop technical accounting awareness.
- Responsibilities will include analysis of complex accounting transactions and guidance to customers, accounting policy interpretation, and assisting with the implementation of new U.S. GAAP standards.
- A successful candidate will be able to collaborate with key stakeholders and bring transparency into both revenue accounting and complex accounting matters explaining the underlying processes and controls.
- Communicating control strengths and weaknesses to the clients and developing effective solutions.
- Ensure timely completion of assigned engagement phases.
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships.
- Apply understanding of Centri policies.
- Develop understanding of engagement requirements and client’s business.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance or Business Related Field) required.
- 15 years + in public accounting or public/private combination.
- Experience with public companies.
- CPA is required.
- Interpersonal skills to interact in team environment and foster client relationships.
- Strong written communication skills including documentation of findings and recommendations.
- Must be able to maintain professional demeanor in times of high stress.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit.
- Passion and drive to get better every day.
- Detailed knowledge of current accounting and auditing principals. (GAAP, IFRS, GAAS, etc)
- Technical Accounting expert.
- Understanding of internal control concepts including the COSO framework.
- Knowledge of auditing processes and methodologies.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act provisions and methodologies for achieving compliance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Advancement Opportunities (we promote on talent, not tenure!)
- Leadership and Learning & Development Opportunities
- Mentor Programs & CPE Trainings
- Flex Work Life Balance
- Great Benefits and Vacation Package