Director, Technical Accounting
The Director has primary responsibility for executing Financial Reporting, Technical Accounting Research and SOX engagement work plans. The Director has direct, client-facing engagement responsibilities. Serving as a current and future leader of the firm, the Director demonstrates the attributes of excellent client service and assists team members in developing technical and professional competency. As a director with the firm, it is also essential that you have a strong desire to build and maintain a book of business. In this position you will be trained on what it takes to be successful in business development.
- Preparing and reviewing financial statements and technical accounting positions papers as well as other required pre-audit support materials.
- Reviewing, documenting, evaluating and testing controls in a wide range of environments.
- Communicating control strengths and weaknesses to the clients and developing effective solutions.
- Ensure timely completion of assigned engagement phases.
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships.
- Apply understanding of Centri policies.
- Develop understanding of engagement requirements and client’s business.
General Knowledge & Skills
- Interpersonal skills to interact in team environment and foster client relationships.
- Above average written communication skills including documentation of findings and recommendations.
- Must be able to maintain professional demeanor in times of high stress.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit.
- Passion and drive to get better every day.
Technical Knowledge & Skills
- Understanding of current accounting and auditing principals. (GAAP, IFRS, GAAS, etc)
- Understanding of internal control concepts including the COSO framework.
- Knowledge of auditing processes and methodologies.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act provisions and methodologies for achieving compliance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications.
Education & Professional Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance or Business Related Field) required.
- 10-15 years in public accounting or public/private combination.
- Experience with public companies.
- CPA is required.
- Advancement Opportunities (we promote on talent, not tenure!)
- Leadership and Learning & Development Opportunities
- Mentor Programs & CPE Trainings
- Flex Work Life Balance
- Great Benefits and Vacation Package
***Compensation: For the Director of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting, the compensation package is negotiable depending on experience.