Senior Accounting Manager
The Senior Accounting Manager is a technical expert with deep exposure to accounting issues and SEC reporting requirements, you will research technical accounting matters including complex issues in accounting for business combinations, consolidations, share-based compensation and financial instruments. The Senior Manager has direct, client-facing engagement responsibilities. Serving as a current and future leader of the firm, the Senior Manager demonstrates the attributes of excellent client service and assists team members in developing technical and professional competency.
The Senior Accounting Manager's Specific Responsibilities:
- Preparing and reviewing financial statements and technical accounting positions papers as well as other required pre-audit support materials.
- Lead clients through SEC reporting (including 10-K, 10-Q, S-1) and other filings
- Perform complex analyses on the client’s financial statements and operating results related to the preparation of periodic filings with the SEC (primarily Forms 10-K and 10-Q), including footnotes and Management’s Discussion and Analyses
- Monitor new accounting standards, provide analyses, and drive implementation to comply with GAAP, FASB, and SEC regulations
- Draft/review complex sets of financial statements with disclosures
- Reviewing, documenting, evaluating and testing controls in a wide range of environments.
- Communicating control strengths and weaknesses to the clients and developing effective solutions.
- Ensure timely completion of assigned engagement phases.
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships.
- Apply understanding of Centri policies.
- Develop understanding of engagement requirements and client’s business.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance or Business Related Field) required.
- 6-12 years in public accounting or public/private combination.
- Experience with public companies.
- CPA is required.
- Interpersonal skills to interact in team environment and foster client relationships.
- Above average written communication skills including documentation of findings and recommendations.
- Must be able to maintain professional demeanor in times of high stress.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit.
- Passion and drive to get better every day.
- Understanding of current accounting and auditing principals. (GAAP, IFRS, GAAS, etc)
- Understanding of internal control concepts including the COSO framework.
- Knowledge of auditing processes and methodologies.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act provisions and methodologies for achieving compliance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Advancement Opportunities (we promote on talent, not tenure!)
- Leadership and Learning & Development Opportunities
- Mentor Programs & CPE Trainings
- Flex Work Life Balance
- Great Benefits and Vacation Package